RESPECT RESILIENCE RESPONSIBILITY Relationships RESPECT RESILIENCE RESPONSIBILITY RELATIONSHIPS RESPECT RESILIENCE RESPONSIBILITY RELATIONSHIPS
Never underestimate the power of dreams and the influence of the human spirit. We are all the same in this notion: The potential for greatness lies within each of us. -Wilma Rudolph
To support our pupils to develop into well rounded, health and responsible members of society who can make a positive contribution to their community as well as preparing them for life and work in modern Britain and as a global citizen.
The PSHE curriculum..
- aims to help children understand how they are developing personally and socially,
- tackles many of the moral, social and cultural issues that are part of growing up.
- will provide our children with opportunities for them to learn about rights and responsibilities and appreciate what it means to be a member of a diverse society.
- encourage them to develop their sense of self-worth by playing a positive role in contributing to school life and the wider community.
PSHE (Including RSE) Policy
Our PSHE (including RSE) curriculum is based on the SCARF programme by Coram Life. A scheme recommended by the PSHE association.
- threaded throughout the ethos in every aspect of school life.
- a clear and comprehensive scheme of work taught explicitly in weekly lessons
- embedded as part of our broad and balanced curriculum.
- taught within nurture groups and targeted interventions
- celebrated in displays and assemblies and special days and national events (e.g anti-bullying week)
- our work with parents and the wider community
- signposting & safeguarding