READINESS RESPECT RESILIENCE REFLECTION RISK-TAKING RESPONSIBILITY READINESS RESPECT RESILIENCE REFLECTION RISK-TAKING RESPONSIBILITY
Never underestimate the power of dreams and the influence of the human spirit. We are all the same in this notion: The potential for greatness lies within each of us. -Wilma Rudolph
To support our pupils to develop into well rounded, health and responsible members of society who can make a positive contribution to their community as well as preparing them for life and work in modern Britain and as a global citizen.
The PSHE curriculum..
- aims to help children understand how they are developing personally and socially,
- tackles many of the moral, social and cultural issues that are part of growing up.
- will provide our children with opportunities for them to learn about rights and responsibilities and appreciate what it means to be a member of a diverse society.
- encourage them to develop their sense of self-worth by playing a positive role in contributing to school life and the wider community.
Our PSHE (including RSE) curriculum is based on the SCARF programme by Coram Life. A scheme recommended by the PSHE association.
- threaded throughout the ethos in every aspect of school life.
- a clear and comprehensive scheme of work taught explicitly in weekly lessons
- embedded as part of our broad and balanced curriculum.
- taught within nurture groups and targeted interventions
- celebrated in displays and assemblies and special days and national events (e.g anti-bullying week)
- our work with parents and the wider community
- signposting & safeguarding