Which external support services might we ask to help us support your child?
We have access to a range of professional services, who can advise us on how to meet your child’s needs, if specialist intervention is required. These services include:
- Rotherham Learning Support Team
- Rotherham Autism Communication Team
- Educational Psychology Service
- Sensory Service for children with visual or hearing needs
- Speech and Language Therapy (based in school weekly)
- Occupational Therapy Service
- Child Development Centre (Under 5’s)
- CAMHS (Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services
Parents may be able to access some of these services through their GP.
We will refer to these services in circumstances where we feel more specialised advice is needed. A referral will only be made once we have already put school based support in place, reviewed the impact it has had and decided in consultation with parents that a more specialised level of provision is required.