What is 'Quality First Teaching' in the classroom?
All children have a right to access quality teaching in a classroom, delivered by a qualified teacher. At Canklow Woods, this means that:
- The teacher has the highest possible expectations for all pupils in their class.
- All teaching is built on what your child already knows, can do and can understand.
- Differentiation of teaching methods, outcomes and tasks are in place, so that your child is fully involved in learning in class.
- Specific strategies (which may be suggested by the SENCO) are in place to support your child to learn.
- Adaptations are made to ensure that your child can access every learning opportunity, for example seating positions, adaptations to visual displays or allocated specific resources and prompts.