What is Sports Premium?
Following the success of the 2012 London Olympics, the Government is providing additional funding of £150million to improve the quality and breadth of Physical Education (PE) in primary schools. In September 2014, Canklow Woods received additional funds approximately £9,000 to support the development of Physical Education and Sport within school (Sport Premium). This money is in addition to the curriculum funding for PE and Sport from the main school budget.
How will the Sports Premium be allocated at Canklow Woods?
At Canklow Woods we understand the positive impact that Sport can have on a child and as a result highlighted the following areas that will maximise the Sports Premium Funding:
- Each week, Teachers and Teaching Assistants will have access to high quality Continued Professional Development (CPD) sessions delivered by specialist teachers from Live & Learn. Please see attached curriculum planning for the CPD sessions
- Continued provision of free before and after school clubs for all pupils from F2 to Year 6
- Provision of free Multi-Sports Holiday Club delivered by specialist teachers from Live & Learn
- Transport costs to attend the various inter-school sports competitions throughout the academic year
- Maintenance of all PE and Sporting equipment to a high standard, in line with Safe Practice in Physical Education and Sport
The impact of the above objectives will be assessed in July 2016 in order to maximise the Sports Premium budget for 2016-2017.